Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Day Fifteen

Our first night home with James was stressful (for me at least). I set up the bedrail in our bed, lined it with a pool noodle-anywhere there was metal and then made a pillow nest for James to sleep in. We settled into bed around 10pm and James was not into going to sleep. He wanted to play around - which was not happening - especially since he had his helmet off. I slept so poorly in anticipation that he was going to wake up, get out of bed and fall down hitting his head. It didn't happen, he stayed in bed and woke me up in the morning asking me to put his helmet on so he could go play. 

Our day went pretty standard. We had some things to do around the house. Such as switching around some beds in preparation for James' tent. Instead of purchasing a new twin bed we decided to upgrade Nathans bed to a full size bed. So there ended up being lots of work for Al. He broke down the toddler bed we had for James and then broke down the headboard and footboard for Nathans twin.  He then went to his mothers house and picked up the full size bed we had over there. I ordered all new bedding for both kids so that they both felt equally special. That's one of the things that is very important to us right now is to make sure that Nathan feels just as important. 




The loudness of our house is getting back to normal too. Me yelling at the kids, the kids yelling at each other then teaming up on me. Pretty normal stuff at the Longs. Nathan had the opportunity to go out with his Aunt Gwen to do some bowling. It got him out of the house for a while and also gave James some downtime. We all ended up going to bed by 10pm, since James' bedtime is my bedtime until that tent comes. 

I almost forgot! We decorated James' helmet today. It came out great!  I think he likes it, but we were already really lucky because he gives us zero issues about wearing the helmet during every waking moment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment