Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Day Sixteen

Last night went much better than the night before. Mostly because James didn't have a nap-or at least that's what I think. He was purring like a loud little kitten just as soon as I shut down the lights. At least Al had a real bed to sleep in last night, he slept in James room instead of the couch. 

This morning I was really nervous about how drop off at school would go. I explained to James that he would be spending some extra time at home with mommy until his boo-boo is all fixed, but I know how much he loves school and his friends. We talked Nathan into being dropped off at the valet line so we wouldn't have to go into school, he reluctantly agreed. When we got to school the valet line was really long and I'm impatient, so I explained to James we would need to walk Nathan in, but he can't stay. He actually did really well. He asked to me carry him in and he clung tight to my neck the whole time so it was easy to go in and out. He did end up crying once we got back to the car to drive away. But fortunately recovered quickly. We did our old normal routine-grocery shopping. Then head home for some rest. 

James had a special visitor today, his cousin Michelle. He loves his extended family so much and although it was hard to see at first-he was happy to see her. Since his accident his shyness has been a little more noticeable and it takes him a little longer to warm up. But once he did it was all smiles and hugs. We'll have to sneak in some more cuddle time before Michelle goes back to school. 



When we went back to school to pick Nate up, James was exhausted from playing and visiting. He fell asleep just down the road from the house and was able to sleep through me taking him out, carrying him into school, putting him back in the car and bringing him into the house. Now that's tired! He didn't nap before this accident (well they tell me he did at school), but not on the weekends!  I'm sure he's still catching up on sleep and we've been going to bed much later than we would normally. 

We're set up the same as yesterday for bedtime tonight. The hospital confirmed that his net bed was ordered this morning so we'll just hope it comes quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment